Posted Jan 3, 2011 by Turley, Hansen & Rosasco on First Responders
The newly re-opened 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund in the Zadroga 9/11 Act provides for a monetary award to a wide range of individuals involved in the rescue, clean-up, and repair efforts. Individuals eligible for compensation may include:
- All first responders such as firefighters, police officers, and other municipal workers.
- All construction workers.
- All clean-up workers.
- All sanitation workers.
- All workers and volunteers who participated in the World Trade Center rescue and recovery efforts.
- All workers and volunteers who participated in the removal of debris.
- All workers and volunteers who participated in the clean-up of any damage from the September 11th attacks.
- All workers and volunteers who participated in the remediation (demolition, construction, repairs, etc.) of any damage from the September 11th attacks.
The Victim Compensation Fund may provide for monetary compensation to all workers and volunteers who were at the following locations, including:
- World Trade Center buildings and nearby structures.
- Buildings and areas next to the World Trade Center.
- Buildings and areas damaged as the result of the impact of the aircraft or any subsequent fire, explosions, or building collapses (including the immediate area in which the impact occurred, fire occurred, portions of buildings fell, or debris fell upon and injured individuals).
- Any are along the route of debris removal including Fresh Kills
- Any area the Special Master determines was sufficiently close to the site to cause harm