Posted Sep 9, 2011 by Turley, Hansen & Rosasco on Lawyer Representation
If you are looking for information regarding the recently published Final Rules for the Zadroga 9/11 Act Victim Compensation Fund, join Lawline’s free CLE Webcast this upcoming Monday, September 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm entitled: The 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund Final Rules.
I will be covering the following topics on the hour long broadcast:
1) The 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund (VCF) Final Rules were published by Special Master Sheila Birnbaum on August 29th, 2011. What changes were made from the “draft rules” which came out June 21st?
2) When will the 9/11 Fund be open for new claims?
3) How does a first responder or victim file a claim with the VCF?
4) How long will it take the VCF and Special Master to determine monetary damage awards?
5) What facts will the awards be based on?
6) Will claimants receive their full award soon after their award amount is determined?
7) What are the pros and cons of hiring an attorney to help you with your 9/11 VCF claim?
8) 9) What medical conditions are eligible for compensation under the VCF currently?
10) Why isn’t cancer covered yet? What is the impact of the recent FDNY study linking firefighter toxic exposures at Ground Zero to an increased chance of developing cancer?
11) Why is PTSD covered under the 9/11 Fund for medical treatment, but not compensation?
12) Does the 9/11 Fund have enough money to pay out all of the expected claims? How many claims are expected?
I hope you can join us!