I’ve Been Denied Disability or Worker’s Comp Benefits for My 9/11-Related Condition. Can Turley Hansen Help Me?
Since shortly after the Twin Towers fell, Turley Hansen & Rosasco has been fighting on behalf of 9/11 victims, first responders, recovery workers, and their families to get them the resources they need to recover. We continue to do so every single day. Often, this involves helping individuals and families with 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund (VCF) claims. The VCF was established to provide compensation for losses related to physical illnesses and conditions caused by 9/11.
But the VCF is not the only potential source of compensation for 9/11-related illnesses. The conditions caused by 9/11 exposure can and do impede victims’ ability to work and support their families. As with other injuries or illnesses which keep people off the job, 9/11-related conditions can be the basis of claims for workers’ compensation, disability, or pension benefits.
Just as obtaining compensation from the VCF can run into unexpected roadblocks, so too can efforts to get these other benefits to which 9/11 victims may be entitled. We have written extensively about the delays, denials, and other unjustifiable bureaucratic problems experienced by firefighters and other first responders who are being denied work-related benefits. For example:
- We recently wrote about the staggering number of pension benefit denials faced by New York City firefighters with 9/11-related conditions.
- We also posted about how more than half of the disability claims filed by NYC paramedics and EMTs arising out of 9/11 were being rejected.
- Similarly, we relayed the story about how one recovery worker was denied workers compensation benefits from the U.S. Department of Labor because it said he had failed to prove his condition was 9/11-related, even though the World Trade Center Health Program and the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund had in fact certified his condition as 9/11-related.
How We Can Help You Obtain the Benefits You’ve Earned
We bring the same passion for helping 9/11 victims with their VCF claims to our efforts to get disability and other work-related benefits for our clients. We assist our clients with:
- Social Security Disability Benefits. From filing the strongest initial claim for benefits to appealing any adverse determinations and fighting for you in hearings before an administrative law judge, our experienced attorneys will be by your side every step of the way until you obtain the benefits you deserve. We understand the complex nuances and procedures involved in Social Security Disability claims and know how to effectively use determinations of 9/11-related illness or injury from other sources such as the World Trade Center Health Program to support disability claims.
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits. Claims for benefits through New York’s workers’ compensation program can be met with resistance from employers and their workers’ comp insurers. We aggressively beat back such efforts and get our clients the benefits they need to support their families.
- Pension Benefits. New York City firefighters, police, EMTs and other rescue and recovery workers are being denied pension benefits for 9/11-related conditions at an alarming rate. We are relentless in our efforts to get clients the pension benefits they have earned over years and decades of difficult and heroic work.
Turley Hansen & Rosasco: Fighting Tirelessly for 9/11 Victims, First Responders, and Recovery Workers Since 2001
Getting 9/11 victims the resources they deserve has been the defining and sole mission of Turley Hansen & Rosasco since shortly after that horrible September day. Our extensive experience and deep commitment to 9/11 victims has resulted in the recovery of over $75 million in compensation on behalf of over 1,200 clients.
If you have questions about 9/11 victim compensation, disability claims, workers’ compensation, or pension benefits, please contact Turley Hansen today and request a FREE CLAIM REVIEW with one of our experienced 9/11 victim compensation lawyers. Call 1-855-WTC-INFO (1- 800-887-7299) today. We look forward to assisting you.Posted under: 9/11 Victim Compensation