Posted Sep 7, 2018 by Turley, Hansen & Rosasco on 9/11 Cancers
IMPORTANT: This upcoming Tuesday, September 11, 2018, several New York State and New York City administrative agencies (such as the FDNY Pension System, NYPD Pension System, New York State Employee Pension System, NYC Employee Pension System and the NY State Workers’ Compensation Board) have STRICT DEADLINES to file ” 9/11 WTC Participation forms ” with the respective agency to protect claimants rights to file for workers’ compensation and/or WTC disability pensions in the future.
Although the 9/11 lawyers at Turley, Hansen & Rosasco, LLP do not represent any clients in the filing of these forms, they are very important and we provide this information as a public service to 9/11 responders and workers.
It is important to note that these forms are not actual claim forms. They are simply “placeholder” type forms giving you the right to make a 9/11 claim before the state or NYC agencies in the future should you get sick due to a 9/11 related illness. In addition, the filing of these forms do not relate in any way to the filing of a claim before the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. These claims are separate and distinct.
The majority of the agency forms are listed below. Because the deadline for filing these forms with the appropriate agency is next Tuesday, September 11th, 2018, we strongly urge you to file these forms by hand delivery on either Monday or Tuesday next week. Remember, failure to file these forms may prevent you from filing for 9/11 cancer pension or workers’ compensation benefits in the future. You should act NOW to preserve your rights.
Below are some of the most common forms that need to be filed by Tuesday, 9/18/2018. Click on the link below and download and print the form for your use:
- NY Workers’ Compensation Board – REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPATION IN WORLD TRADE CENTER RESCUE, RECOVERY AND/OR CLEAN-UP OPERATIONS ;
- NYPD – Notice of Participation in The World Trade Center Rescue, Recovery or Clean-Up Operations ;
- FDNY – Notice of Participation in The World Trade Center Rescue, Recovery or Clean-Up Operations ;
- NYC Employees’ Retirement System – Notice of Participation in The World Trade Center Rescue, Recovery or Clean-Up Operation ;
- World Trade Center Notice for Members and Retirees of the New York State and Local Retirement System ;
- NYC BOARD OF EDUCATION RETIREMENT SYSTEM – Notice of Participation in WTC Rescue, Recovery or Cleanup Operations ;
Absent a further extension, this is your last chance to file these important WTC Participation forms with the appropriate agency. These forms are not actual “claim” forms which would be filed only after a 9/11 illness is diagnosed. They simply protect your right to file a claim for benefits or a pension in the future if you get sick with a 9/11 cancer or other illness.
Again, Turley, Hansen & Rosasco, LLP does not represent any individual in filing these “placeholder” type forms but provides this important information as a public service.