NYPD police officers can establish their “proof of presence” below Canal Street by a number of different records that may still be available. These records include:
- Memo Book/Activity Log (must include cover page and excerpts of relevant portions with consecutive pages)
- Line of Duty Injury Report (must include an injury date within the relevant time period)
- Line of Duty Control Log
- Firearms Discharge/Assault Report
- Aided Report Worksheet
- Overtime Report
- Unscheduled Overtime Report
- Roll Call
- Detail Roster Assignment Sheet
- NYPD Consultation Referral – Medical Division/NYPD Surgeon Form
- Statement of Illness/Injury
- Daily Activity Report
- Command Log entry
- Exposure Report (49)
- Medical Board Report
- Affidavits from fellow officers or witnesses
- WTC Notice of Participation
- NYPD Rescue Detail badge (must include claimant’s name and photo)
In addition to the above documents/records, NYPD claimants may also establish their presence by submitting two detailed affidavits from two eyewitnesses (partners, workers, etc.) that meet the requirements of the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.
Turley, Hansen & Rosasco, LLP has worked with both NYPD officers and law enforcement officers from around the country to help them prove their “presence in a “9/11 crash site area”.
Should you have questions about medical care or an award from the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund, please call us at 1-855-982-4636.