9/11 Victim Compensation Fund FAQ
Why should I choose Hansen & Rosasco as my 9/11 Attorneys?
What is the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program?
Do you need a lawyer to file a 9/11 Victim Compensation claim?
What are the important 9/11 claim filing deadlines?
- You are registering to file a claim for an individual who you believe died of a 9/11-related physical health condition before July 29, 2019.
- You were certified by the World Trade Center (“WTC”) Health Program for a 9/11-related physical health condition before July 29, 2019; or
- Bottom line, many families and or individuals MUST register their potential claims by July 29, 2021, or they will forever lose their right to receive compensation
Are there any deadlines I should know about for the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund?
Why would I need to file an amendment or appeal with the Victim Compensation Fund?
What is the procedure for filing a VCF claim?
What is considered an “economic loss” under the VCF?
- Loss of earnings or other benefits related to employment because of disability or death;
- Past medical and other out-of-pocket expense loss;
- Household replacement services loss (such as hiring landscapers, housekeepers, etc.).
What are the requirements for wrongful death claims and how are the benefits awarded through the VCF?
Can I get “pain and suffering” damages from the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund?
What is the World Trade Center Health Program?
What are the benefits included in the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund?
- Non-economic loss (pain and suffering)
- Wrongful death award
- Past and future lost earnings
- Past lost employment-related benefits
- Future lost employment-related benefits
- Past out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Past and future replacement services
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Memorial service expenses
What are some of the common illnesses covered by the VCF?
- Non-melanoma skin cancer
- Melanoma of the skin
- Prostate cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Kidney cancer
What are the conditions for 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund eligibility?
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“My partner was given the most professional and thorough attention in the process of preparing an application for the Victims Compensation Fund. After having a very serious form of cancer, he welcomed the advice and care you provided which was greatly needed.” -Beverly R.
Read more reviews on Google!