Claim Procedures | 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund
Benefits of Hiring 9/11 Attorneys
One of the valuable benefits of having 9/11 attorneys represent you is the expertise we provide in navigating the submission process of your Victim Compensation Fund (VCF) application – knowing your claim will be approved and that you will receive the maximum award possible.
The most valuable benefit, however, is the time you now have to care for yourself.
Changes in 9/11 Claim Procedures
On August 1, 2016, the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund established new procedures for filing 9/11 claims which changed the process from a two-step procedure to a one-step procedure. This was the result of the passage of the James Zadroga Reauthorization Act of 2015. A new 16-page claim form was released in addition to the main VCF claim form. There are also 17 pages of additional information (called “appendixes”) that may be required, depending on each individual claim.
9/11 VCF Application Document Checklist
Before you submit the new VCF application claim form and appendixes, you should look closely at the points listed below of this “9/11 Application Document Checklist.” There are many steps and documents you need to be aware of before you can begin completing the new claim form. The 9/11 attorneys at Hansen & Rosasco, LLP can help you properly gather all necessary records, as well as complete and file all forms so your 9/11 claim is approved promptly, and not denied, thus helping you receive maximum VCF awards.
How Our 9/11 Attorneys Help You
- We properly register your claim in a timely manner so that you do not miss the strict 9/11 claim filing deadlines.
- Our team helps you get your 9/11-related cancer and/or other conditions certified by the World Trade Center Health Program (WTCHP).
- Obtain “Proof of Presence” evidence by preparing detailed witness affidavits to establish your eligibility for compensation.
- Obtain all your medical records so that we can present a full picture of your 9/11-related health problems to the VCF, which may help increase your award.
- We represent you and coordinate the complex interplay between 9/11-related Social Security claims and Workers’ Compensation Claims.
- We help you prepare 9/11 Victim Impact Statements to obtain the maximum award for non-economic losses (e.g., pain and suffering damages).
- Obtain all prior tax returns, pension and benefits information, Social Security Disability, Workers’ Compensation, past out-of-pocket medical expenses, and household expenses to calculate your lost earnings and economic losses claim.
- Complete and file all other necessary legal documents and forms, including the Surrogate Court petitions and other Court applications required for all 9/11 death claims.
- Write a comprehensive legal brief, as necessary, explaining all your economic and non-economic damages, including advocating for how the damages should be determined.
- Review your award notice for accuracy.
- If we disagree with either the amount of your award or an eligibility decision, we can appeal your award and our attorney will fight for you at the formal hearing at the Department of Justice.
- If your condition worsens, we will amend your claim for additional compensation.
- Most importantly, our 9/11 attorneys listen to you and your loved ones in a compassionate and helpful way as we advocate for you with the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.
We Work Exclusively with 9/11 Victims and Families
The 9/11 attorneys at Hansen & Rosasco, LLP will handle your 9/11 claims, answer all your questions related to the VCF, and make sure you are informed and supported every step of the way. Let us help you get your VCF application started today. Start your FREE claim review here or call us today at 800-887-7299.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“My partner was given the most professional and thorough attention in the process of preparing an application for the Victims Compensation Fund. After having a very serious form of cancer, he welcomed the advice and care you provided which was greatly needed.” -Beverly R.
Read more reviews on Google!